Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I force Photoshop to scroll downwards instead of sideways when I use the scroll wheel?

I find it very annoying that when I'm working on a huge image, using the scroll wheel moves the images left and right, instead of upwards and downwards. I believe I had this problem fixed before, but I had to reset my settings to default recently and I can't recall how to do it again.





Any help?





Thanks in advance.How do I force Photoshop to scroll downwards instead of sideways when I use the scroll wheel?
If changing the settings for your mouse doesnt work, then there's a simple way to stop it. Just make sure that when you are scrolling up or down, your cursor is on the up/down scroll bar. When you want it to go side to side, then make sure your cursor is on the left/right scroll bar.How do I force Photoshop to scroll downwards instead of sideways when I use the scroll wheel?
I know this, but it's annoying to be forced to position my cursor over such a small trackway to scroll up and down using the wheel.





Why do I have a feeling that you voted your own answer as the best answer? (Apologies if you didn't.)





In any case, the problem fixed itself some time ago. Report Abuse

Check your settings in control panel for the mouse. Also try to click with the scroll wheel, this alters the scroll from up/down to left/right on some of my programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment