Friday, January 8, 2010

Photoshop technique to aid in reading a manuscript?

I am involved in a class project where we are reading 3rd century CE manuscripts. The one we are reading has palimpsest, or underlying text that was later written over. Are there any techniques I could use in Photoshop to make this faded text stand out in comparison to the top layer of text? I've heard of X-Ray like effects as well as something mocking ultraviolet light, but am not sure how to do either.Photoshop technique to aid in reading a manuscript?
You could try to up the contrast, or sharpen the image. Or change the levels by making the dark areas stand out?Photoshop technique to aid in reading a manuscript?
Greetings! I have been a graphic designer for over 25 years, and specialize in working with photoshop.





I also am a calligrapher who had studied the history of the Bible and the various ';hands,'; or styles of calligraphy used by scribes. The uncial hand would have been used during the time period you refer to.





I am very interested in helping you, however we would need to communicate more directly, and possibly be able to exchange a digital file of what you need help with. If you are interested, please contact me through the contact capability of this site. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment